Psychosexual therapy, also known as sex therapy, is an individual or a couple process that concentrates on the psychological and emotional causes of sexual difficulties and dysfunctions that works throughout sex-related issues.
In order to rectify the presenting issue we will talk through the problem to unravel and understand its origins. Once the awareness is gained we will discuss available strategies and tools to improve the situation.
Typical sexual difficulties include:
- Erectile and/or Ejaculation Dysfunction
- Dyspareunia – Vulval / Vaginal pain
- Low or Lack of Desire
- Arousal Difficulties
- Sexual Aversion / Fear of Intimacy
In addition, psychosexual therapy can help with:
- Sex addiction (inclusive of porn addiction)
- Love addiction
- Sex education
- Building self confidence around sex
- Intimacy after trauma/abuse
- Impact of menopause on intimacy
- Hormonal imbalance & deficiency and its impact on sex
It is vital to rule out medical/biological causes of sexual dysfunctions prior to approaching them as psychogenic.
If you are seeking answers and do not know where to start, book a free call with me and see if we could work together towards the change you desire